Since 2015 Canada has held the distinction of being rated #1 among the top Immigration Friendly Countries in the world, ahead of Australia, Germany and even the U. S. This recognition is partly due to progressive immigration policies and immigrant support services and the welcoming attitude of the friendly locals. The citizens of the Assiniboine Valley region epitomize that spirit and invite visitors and new residents alike to be a part of our growing and vibrant community. Whether hailing from across the world or the town just up the road, many embrace the rural charm of the region.
Help from experienced, knowledgeable leaders and cooperative mentors make starting a new business here a breeze. Direct access to accommodating real estate professions, community clubs, church groups, neighbourhood programs and outgoing families ensure most anyone is greeted with a smile and a helping-hand when settling in.
The areas depth in trades and a conversant, well trained workforce ensures guidance is just around the corner, Our diverse range of professionals in the legal, financial, healthcare, education and community services make this a safe, comfortable and worthwhile place ot live, work and enjoy.
Diversity is a strength that contributes to the success of the region
Quality of Life
The region provides a high-quality, low-stress urban/rural lifestyle with access to many big-city amenities to meet the modern necessities of life. As a major regional service centre in Western Manitoba, Russell provides a wide range of attractive services and facilities usually found only in much larger urban centres. The Assiniboine Valley is home to a number of recreational communities that still have property lots available ready for your escape to the country dream home.
We have recreation, community amenities and infrastructure that enhances the quality of life for our residents
EVERYTHING YOU NEED ….. RIGHT HERE.
Access to a wide range of community services help to make the region a great place for all. From education services to health care to recreation we have a good balance of options suitable for all ages:
- Licensed Day Care facilities and Nursery School programs in Russell, Binscarth and Inglis
- Kindergarten to Grade 8 school in Binscarth and Inglis
- Kindergarten to Grade 12 school in Russell, with comprehensive high school program options and vocational training
- Assiniboine Community College Parkland West Campus
- Acute Care hospital
- 5 doctors and a nurse practitioner with clinical services
- Personal Care Home
- Emergency services
- Community Cancer Program
- Palliative care
- Public Health
- Optometry and ophthalmic services
- Chiropractic services
- Massage Therapy
- Alternative Health practitioners
Community Groups, Clubs and Organizations:
- Russell and Binscarth Libraries
- Russell and District Chamber of Commerce
- Binscarth Vision 2020
- Inglis Business Group
- Senior Services of Banner County
- Russell Seniors Leisure Centre and Binscarth Drop-In Centre
- Service Clubs including – Lions, Legion, Mason’s, Game & Fish
We know that there is more to life than work. Our vibrant community provides plenty of activities and opportunities to get involve in town and country life. Residents and visitors come together throughout the year to celebrate in a rich kaleidoscope of festivals, events and many recreation, educational and cultural activities for all ages, whatever the season.
Our unique balance of warm summer days and cool nights provides ideal summer recreation opportunities. That, combined with crisp snowy winters, delivers high-quality winter sports opportunities to create a true four-season region of activities and enjoyment. With over 310 days per year of measurable sunshine, things are rarely dull in the Assiniboine Valley Region.
Rolling hills with pocketed lakes, rivers and streams; deciduous forests and undeveloped wetlands provide a home to species of flora and fauna like deer, elk, moose, geese, other waterfowl and birds, making the area a natural haven for hunting and wildlife viewing enthusiasts.
Sports, Parks, Recreation and Entertainment
- Russell Memorial Multiplex facility with Hockey Arena, Fitness Centre and multi-purpose space that hosts dance, gymnastics and fitness training sessions, meetings and other community functions.
- Community Skating rinks in Inglis, Binscarth and Angusville
- Binscarth Curling Rink
- Outdoor heated swimming pools – Russell and Binscarth
- The Russell Inn and Conference Centre with 115 rooms, banquet facilities, dining room, pub, indoor pool and waterslide.
- Community event facilities including Russell’s George P. Bulezuik Centre, Binscarth Hall and Inglis Hall
- Great options for camping at the Binscarth Park and Pool, Russell Peace Park, Asessippi Provincial Park, Asessippi Beach & Campground, Prairie Lake Lodge, Silver Beach
- Direct access to the Trans Canada Trail as well as other hiking and biking trails
- Access to 379 km of groomed snowmobile trail (SnowTraxx Snowmobile Club)
- Asessippi Ski Area and Park (featuring downhill skiing & snowboarding; summer mountain biking; weddings & catering)
- Lake of the Prairies & Silver Beach lake - including boat launch facilities, hiking trails and cottage developments
- Baseball, soccer, volleyball, and cycling (trail & pump park) facilities
- Five pin bowling (Russell)
Culture, Arts, Festivals and Events
- Binscarth Vagabond Theatre
- Yachminka Ukrainian Dance Club and Wade School of Dance (Jazz, Tap, Balley, Hip Hop)
- Prairie Arts cARTel (organization for local visual artists)
- Private music lessons
- Northwest Marquette Festival of Arts
- Alliance, Anglican, Lutheran, Roman Catholic, Ukrainian Catholic, Romanian Greek Orthodox and United Churches
- Russell and Binscarth 4H clubs
- Girl Guides, Brownies and cadets.
Annual Festivals and Events:
The region hosts many celebrations and events throughout the year including notable Canada Day celebrations, the annual Russell Beef and Barley Days, and world class Fishing competitions on Lake of the Prairies. A complete list of regional festivals and events is available at www.asessippiparklandtourism.com