In our region business thrives and entrepreneurship is fostered
Open and welcoming communities that support business development in a region that boasts an obvious competitive advantage in the agriculture, construction, retail, recreation and tourism sectors
Appropriately zoned commercial and industrial development areas combined with attractive Main Streets, suitable infrastructure, excellent highway access and a willingness to work with entrepreneurs make the Assiniboine Valley Region a natural choice for new and expanding enterprise.
The supportive services of Assiniboine Valley Regional Community Development Corporation, Russell and District Chamber of Commerce, Binscarth Vision 20/20, and Inglis Business Group guarantee that a helping hand is available to provide you with the services and assistance needed to ensure success.
The region draws from a market trading area population of approximately 15,000. Russell acts as a regional hub for the delivery of retail and service based businesses. The quaint villages of Binscarth, Inglis, Shellmouth and Angusville, provide another avenue to explore your entrepreneurial dreams. Just outside Riding Mountain National Park is the recreation community of Silver Beach, while the majestic Lake of the Prairies includes the resort and cottage communities of Dropmore, Kilmans Resort, Prairie Lake Lodge, Asessippi Hill and Bodnaruk Hill.
Limited only by imagination and hard work, we believe that opportunity abounds for the creation of new ventures as well as the succession of existing viable businesses to the next generation.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR BUSINESS:
- A location along prominent highway transportation routes (The Yellowhead Highway #16; Highway #83 and Highway #45)
- Abundant water supply
- Access to CP Rail Main Line
- Access to a 4000’ paved airstrip with night lighting, instrument approach, fuel and maintenance facilities and flight training capabilities
- Adjacent to world-class outdoor recreation facilities and naturally scenic landscapes
- Low-cost three phase electrical power and natural gas.
- Access to high-speed internet, digital cellular service, wireless and wired telecommunications throughout the Municipality.
- Community and lifestyle amenities that can attract & retain workers.
- Reasonably priced land and buildings.